Last week I found video tutorial to cook curry noodle in YouTube and decided to give it a try. Before, I cooked different type of curry (red and green curry ) and always made my own curry paste. The taste wasn’t bad but obviously something missing and I don’t know what it is.
This weekend I am gonna do something different by using pre-made curry paste. After researching a little bit, I found people recommend to use Mae Ploy Curry Paste which they say is used in some of Thai restaurants in Australia. Here is the picture :
And here is the complete list of ingredients:
- Noodle ( any kind of noodle, I am using Hokkien noodle ).
- Curry Paste ( Mae Ploy ).
- Coconut Milk ( main ingredient ).
- Red Onion.
- Spring Onion.
- Chicken Breast.
- Prawns ( quite expensive, $5 for 10 prawns ).
- Fried Tofu.
- Chili Sauce ( I am using ABC Chili Sauce ).
- Lemon Grass.
- Hard Boiled Eggs ( optional ).
- Shrimp Paste ( I switched dried shrimp in the video with this shrimp paste because the price of dried shrimp is too expensive ).
- Sugar and Salt for tasting.
I am not gonna explain how to cook it as you can learn it yourself from the video. You don’t need to follow all the ingredients and try to experiment with your own style ( which I did ). And here is the final result of my Red Curry without the noodle :
The taste is milder than my previous curry ( thanks to the Mae Ploy pre-made curry paste ). Next destination is Thai Green Curry or probably Pad Thai.